WWagyu as a word is composed of two characters which are “Wa” means Japan and Gyu means Beef. 90% of wagyu produced in Japan is Japanese Black cattle among 4 kinds of breed of wagyu because of its intense marbling, superior tenderness and rich flavor. In Japan, “WAGYU” must be pure breed or crossbreeding among 4 kinds, born and raised in Japan. Furthermore, all “WAGYU” is traceable up to 3 generations. The fine, delicate meat of authentic “WAGYU” has a high degree of fat marbling that melts at low temperatures, silky texture in your month, and refined sweetness and aroma.
Kobe - A5
- Japanese Black Cattle, Only bullocks or virgin of pure blood line of TAJIMA beef
- BMS (Beef Marbling Standard) of 6 or higher
- A yield score of A or B
- Minimum age of 28 months, an average age of 32 months
- A gross carcass weight of 470 kg or less
- Fine meat Texture and excellent firmness
- Born, raised and processed in Hyogo Prefecture
- Exclusive products for qualified importers, distributors, whole sellers, retailers and restaurants.
- Famu Inc. is a qualified importer of KOBE beef
Kuromame Nagi - A5
- Japanese Black Cattle, limited production of 3000 heads by only 5 certified small family farmers raising in Nagi area in Okayama prefecture
- Fed with locally produced Hey and Japanese black beans(Kuromame)
- One of oldest wagyu blood line started as working cattle 170 years back to EDO period.
- Kuromame, Japanese black beans enhances UMAMI and marbling maturity of meats.
- Famous for Beefy taste of red meat with fine marbling
Furano – A5
- Japanese Black Cattle, produced in a single farm in Furano, Hokkaido
- Unique breeding technique, surrogated by Holstein daily cattle within the farm
- Fed with corn harvested in the same farm, hay, rice straw, wheat straw and beet pulp, strictly without additive
- Has red color meat rather than pink
- Selected and served at G8 Toyako summit in 2008
Miyazaki (Miyazakigyu)– A5
- Japanese Black Cattle, Born, raised and processed in Miyazaki
- Grade 4 or above only
- Cattle must be over the age of 48 months to be optimize its flavor and ideal marbling
- Had been wining the first place at Japanese Domestic wagyu competition
- Well distributed fine marbling, beautiful pink color of meat.
- Tastes sweet and rich, and silky texture.
- Famu inc. carries Miyazaki Wagyu at BMS 10 and up vs. A5 contains MBS 8 – 12. Famu Inc. is the only one certified importer and distributor of Miyazakigyu in Canada.
Kumamoto (Wao) – A5
- Japanese Black Cattle, raised and processed in Kumamoto
- Tend to be small, so is dimension of each cut as older than 28 months, which scored BMS 6 and up can be qualified as “WAO”.
- “WAO” has beautiful pale pink color with well balanced fine marbling.
- Fed fed with specially designed feeding mix including pure water, corn, barley, soya beans, wheat bran and mineral.
- Famu Inc. only carries “WAO” ranked BMS 7 – 12
Hokkaido (Tokachi) – A5
- Japanese Black Cattle, third generation of Tajima blood line
- Produced by a single farm, DAIMARU farm located in Hokkaido
- Age of 20 months or older
- With hey harvested by themselves, and natural water surrounded by the Hidaka mountains.
- Absolutely no added hormone used
- Light fat flavor melting at low temperature
Various Regions of Japan - A4
- Variety of Japanese region offers their own brand of wagyu
- MBS 5-7 provides moderate marbling and excellent wagyu teste